When you’re awake, your thoughts have a certain logic to them. When you sleep, your brain is still active, but your thoughts or dreams often make little or no sense. This may be because the emotional centers of the brain trigger dreams, rather than the logical regions.
Though there’s no definitive proof, dreams are usually autobiographical thoughts based on your recent activities, conversations, or other issues in your life. However, there are some popular theories on the role of dreams.
DREAM ART THERAPY
One theory for why we dream is that it helps facilitate our creative tendencies. Artists of all kinds credit dreams with inspiring some of their most creative work. You may have awakened at times in your life with a great idea for a movie or a song, too.
Without the logic filter you might normally use in your waking life that can restrict your creative flow, your thoughts and ideas have no restrictions when you’re sleeping.
There are, however, a great number of theories being explored. While some scientists posit that dreaming has no direct function—but instead is a consequence of other biological processes that occur during sleep—many studying sleep and dreams believe dreaming serves a primary purpose. Theories of dreaming span scientific disciplines, from psychiatry and psychology to neurobiology. Some current theories suggest that dreaming is:
DREAM BENEATH THE STARS
- A component and form of memory processing, aiding in the consolidation of learning and short-term memory to long-term memory storage.
- An extension of waking consciousness, reflecting the experiences of waking life.
- A means by which the mind works through difficult, complicated, unsettling thoughts, emotions, and experiences, to achieve psychological and emotional balance.
- The brain responding to biochemical changes and electrical impulses that occur during sleep.
- A form of consciousness that unites past, present and future in processing information from the first two, and preparing for the third.
- DREAM UNDER THE WANING MOON


Did you ever have a vision in your mind, but then you can’t remember whether it was a dream or actually happened?
ReplyDeleteI have those dejavĂș moments where when dejavĂș occurs, you remember dreaming about that exact moment months or YEARS ago?
ReplyDeleteI have dreams about being somewhere you’ve never been in real life but in the dreams I go there so many times and wonder where that place is when I wake.
ReplyDeleteI can't picture faces in my dreams. They are all very smudged and blurry.
ReplyDeleteI’ll never forget the dream I had when I was around the age 7 years old. I dreamt a little rabbit was walking into the women’s restroom at the grocery store. I laughed hysterically in my sleep to the point I woke myself up.
ReplyDeleteSometimes in some of my dreams I would be sleeping,but Then I wake up again in my dream and tell people “woah I was having a dream” then I wake up for real and am like wtf ����
ReplyDeleteI'm here because I dreamed a relative of mine had a baby, a few days later I found out she was indeed expecting...but I wish I could dream up something relevant like the lottery winning numbers,or anything that can make me win big.
ReplyDeleteonce I had a dream of this male I had NEVER seen before and like a couple months later I met him. it was weird but nice.
ReplyDeleteI had dreams of being in a random places but you still know exactly where to go n stuff but in real awake life,I don't know the places.
ReplyDeleteI was also able to protect myself from danger once because of a dream that I had.
ReplyDeleteI have read many times in my dream. And I saw myself in the mirror clearly many times.
ReplyDeleteIt hasn't happened every night, but with all due respect, I have read words and letters clearly in dreams. And I've had that happen ever since I was a kid.
ReplyDeleteI always have the same dream about the same person repeatedly. Seems like my dreams are truly telling me something...!!
ReplyDeleteI dream of dreaming sometimes ��
ReplyDeleteI have seen glimpses of my own future in my own dreams and they was freaking accurate. It was like my dreams was linked to my future self. I experienced everything from my own dreams.
ReplyDeleteMy dreams are so real it’s like another realm .. I often wake up not sure where I am .. and that’s with no drugs either
ReplyDeleteMy partner says that I talk for hours in my dream. And when he tells me what I have said, I remember my dream.
ReplyDelete"Dreams are the link through the subconscious mind"
ReplyDeleteI remember mostly All my dreams, even ones from my childhood, I can fly in my dreams, I can control mostly every happening in my dreams.... I have dream of things and it has happened in real life. I speak to passed family members in my dreams.
ReplyDeleteI find that I can “consciously” dream and read it’s called astral projection.
ReplyDelete