"Since its introduction in 2009, bitcoin has steadily grown in popularity and today has expanded its reach to a broad mainstream audience," the report authors wrote.
Investors and speculators are biting into bitcoin — in a big way.
The price of the cryptocurrency
surged by nearly 1,900% in 2017, to an average high of $19,499 on
December 15 across major bitcoin exchanges, before plunging down to just
over $13,000 a week later, according to blockchain.info.
The ascent is striking especially since bitcoin emerged just eight
years ago, the creation of a mysterious person or group of people named
Satoshi Nakamoto. In 2009, bitcoin was worth zero.
Gold vs bitcoin:
These investors are more comfortable than average with gold’s risks. While about two-thirds of all investors (64%) see gold as a medium-risk investment, that number falls to 59% among investors who are interested in bitcoin. Nearly a quarter of bitcoin-friendly investors (23%) see gold as low risk, versus just 18% of the general population.
Gold vs bitcoin:
These investors are more comfortable than average with gold’s risks. While about two-thirds of all investors (64%) see gold as a medium-risk investment, that number falls to 59% among investors who are interested in bitcoin. Nearly a quarter of bitcoin-friendly investors (23%) see gold as low risk, versus just 18% of the general population.

If I had a $1000 when I was 12, the last thing I would be doing is investing it. I would've bought a PlayStation and candy.
ReplyDeleteThe secret to not being broke is having a steady income stream and that's impossible without pasive investments. Currently, I earn around $20k monthly with stock trading.
ReplyDeleteThe key to investing is recognizing when you are right and when you are wrong.
ReplyDelete